Monday, June 16, 2008

Football tickets

First thing's first, I got my tickets for the upcoming Penn State Football season. Rather than the free-for-all that was the ticket sale last year, the sale is much more organized this year. The student tickets sold out in less than two hours last year, leaving some seniors without tickets. This year, the student ticket office required registration for tickets in May and a daily ticket sale in June based on seniority.

The senior ticket sale was today..... but since they went on sale at 7:00 am EST, it meant that I had to get up at 3:45 am to have a shot at getting them. By 4:07 am I had a confirmation from Ticketmaster saying that I had gotten my season tickets and the necessary "white out" t-shirt. Oh yeah!!!!!!

For those of you that don't know about the "white out" games. Here is a little imagery from the Penn State vs. Notre Dame game last year.....


110,078 fans, most of them wearing their "white out" shirts, was a pretty amazing spectacle. I wasn't able to see it first hand last year, but this year I'll be there....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Great!!!!!!!!!
GO PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!

SLB

KRISTI said...

Penn State Sucks! Penn State Sucks. P-E-N-N S-T Sucks!

That's the only thing I remember from the Pitt vs. Penn St football games. Well that, and the fact that Penn St. always whooped our butts!