Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's July..... and time is flying

Wow. I'm already at the halfway point of my fellowship here in California. I can't believe it. My project at Stanford is coming along quite well and I don't think I will have a problem finishing it. However I do think I will have a problem motivating myself to leave once it is over :). I will be happy to see everyone when I get home so that will help.

This weekend was pretty laid back. I joined my landlords, Maya and Nick, for a BBQ with some of their friends on the 4th. We had lots of good food and good company, topped off with some champagne and fireworks (on TV from Washington DC). I considered going to San Francisco to see the fireworks but it turns out that there was some fog so I am glad that I didn't go. I also did some shopping earlier in the day.

The 5th was filled with tennis, Federrer v. Nadal. What an amazing match. I also did some work. Sunday I went to a cactus garden on campus because I heard it was a good place to see some birds. Here are some of the pictures I got in the morning.
















2 comments:

Mr. Roy said...

Congratulation for your new blog Matt!

Anonymous said...

Last one...hummingbird??? The next to last is a NOLL bird with the big beek! Ha HA
Great pictures.