Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ok.... sorry. I have no excuse....

Well, I know you all have been expecting a post from me since, well, I can't remember when. So, I'm just going to start again with no excuses LOL.

Fast forward to June 2009. Dad and I completed a cross country drive in my S10. Yes, the S10 made it! Part of the exhaust few off in Nevada but other than that everything was fine. The entire trip was about 3100 miles, due to the couple detours that we took.


The first day started around 8:45 am. We would have left a bit earlier, but the windows hadn't been washed in my truck for a long time and Dad thought it would be a good idea to do that. We drove toward Maryland to get onto I70/68. From there we drove west and remained on I68 into West Virginia. Immediately into WV, we hit some rain. Not bad, but spots were a bit heavy. At Morgantown, we drove north on I79 towards Washington PA. The weird thing was, that once we left WV it cleared up again.

At Washington PA, we caught I70 again and drove west toward Ohio. This may sound like backtracking, but if you look at starting from Waynesboro it makes sense (it also avoids tolls). So, after passing through WV and Wheeling we were into boring Ohio.

The drivers in Ohio are much nicer than PA/MD/DC and pretty much the east coast for that matter. But, there is not much to see in Ohio so we didn't get many pictures. We took a lunch break somewhere west of Columbus I think.




After trucking through Ohio, we made it in to Indiana. Mind you, we are still on I70 and will be for another two days. We drove around Indianapolis in the early evening, so luckily we missed much of the city traffic. It looked like a pretty nice city, but we weren't compelled to stop. About 15 miles west of the city we found a hotel and checked in for the night.

That was day one of the trip. I'll break it up a little and do each day as a separate post, until I am up to date. That way, you can stop where you like while getting caught up on the stuff I should have posted a long time ago. :)

My goal is to post at least once a week, maybe on Sundays. Hopefully I can keep up with this habit, although don't hold your breath. You know how it has been in the past.

No comments: