Friday, February 20, 2009

A post.... with the correct time

Since I began my blogging when I was in Palo Alto last summer, the time on all of my posts is defaulted to PST. I can change it when I post, but I never remember. So when you see those 6:30AM posts, the time is a lie. :)

Well, this time it IS true, because I am back on PST. Although, I am totally jet lagged and it does feel like 2:00 AM. I just finished getting settled into the Hilgard House Hotel in Westwood, very near the UCLA campus. I found a Subway for a bite to eat before I fall asleep.

The trip was really good. My flight out of State College was a little worrisome when the snow squals were blowing in and you couldn't see the other side of the runway. We had to de-ice, which made us a little late getting into Philly. It worked out, for me at least, because my connecting flight was delayed about the same amount of time.

The only snag was that my shuttle driver heard what he wanted to here when I told him where I was going. I said "Hilgard House Hotel" and he said "Guest House?" and I said "Hilgard" and he said "I know Guest". So I figured it was the same placed, just called Guest House for slang or something. Well, I knew something was up when we passed Hilgard House and kept driving for a few blocks. When we got to the guest house I again tried to convince him that this was not the right place. He did not believe me until I showed him my letter from UCLA with the name and address of Hilgard House. After appologizing, he said he would take me there and all was good.

So for now, I will sign off. Expect an update soon... I've got wireless :D.

No comments: